Department of Economics, FEB UGM together with University of Southampton and SONJO present: SONJO Solidarity Journey #2
The topic of the webinar: Does Social Capital Induce Adaptation and Innovation? Lessons Learned from SONJO during the COVID-19 Pandemic. The webinar aims to share experience of the SONJO on how to form social capital during the pandemic using Whatsapp Group (WAG). Starting with only one WAG on 24 March 2020, in the end of May 2021, the member of SONJO has grown to more than 1700 with 19 WAGs and 21 programs. SONJO covers three sectors: health, economy and education, however, thus far, the majority of the programs are in health and economy. No funding required for running SONJO, except for renting website and zoom. Using WAGs, and other social media instruments, SONJO has managed to promote collaboration across stakeholders. At the same time, SONJO has managed to be media of interaction between demand and supply of various activities, especially in health and economy.
The webinar is a collaborative program between the Department of Economics, Faculty of Economics and Business, Universitas Gadjah Mada, Indonesia and the University of Southampton, UK and SONJO.
- Rimawan Pradiptyo, Ph.D (Head of Dept of Economics, FEB UGM, Initiator of SONJO)
- Dra. Ani Widayani, M.I.P (Head of Sumbermulyo Village, Bantul Regency)
- Prof. Sabu Padmadas (Professor of Demography and Global Health, Associate Dean International (Social Sciences), University of Southampton)
- Gumilang Aryo Sahadewo, Ph.D (Vice Director Master in Development Economics, FEB UGM)
- Michael Head, Ph.D (Senior Research Fellow in Global Health, Faculty of Medicine, University of Southampton)
- Prof. Paurav Shukla (Professor of Marketing, Head Digital and Data Driven Marketing, Southampton Business School)
This event will be held on:
Day/date: Friday, 4 June 2021
Time: 19.00-21.00 WIB (Jakarta time)
ID: 820 2432 1215
You can access the recorded webinar on: